Monday, July 19, 2010

Blueberry-cardamom bakewell


Bakewell tart is sort of new to me, we do have something similiar in Sweden but I cant remember that I ever tried to make it. This one I made on Saturday and I have done some small changes to suit my taste. I think blueberries, almonds and cardamom is a lovely combination...The recipe is for a small tart, say a sandwich-tin, so if you want to make a large one just do the double amount of the recipe.
Pastry
25grams castersugar
50grams butter,at roomtemperature
75grams plain flour
1 eggyolk

Almondfilling
75grams butter,at roomtemperature
75grams castersugar
75grams ground almonds
1tbsp plain flour
1 egg+1eggyolk

Topping
3tbsp blueberryjam
1tsp castersugar
1/2tsp cardamom,ground
2tbsp flakes almonds

Mix flour and sugar,rub in the butter til it forms crumbles. Add the eggyolk and quickly mix til it forms a dough. Roll out between cling film and line the baking tin. Put in the fridge while making the almondfilling.

Beat eggs and sugar til white,slowly add egg and eggyolk. Fold in flour and ground almond.
Spread the blueberryjam over the pastrybase,gently spread the almondfilling on top of the jam in an even layer. Sprinkle with almonds,sugar and cardamom.

Bake for 35-45min on 160C/gasmark 4. Cake is finished when a skewer comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment