Monday, July 19, 2010

Baguettes


I have tried so many recipes for baguettes but this is the only one that really works for me. The recipe comes from my parents, I dont know where they got it though...

I still remember that dough sitting in a bowl rising for hours and then finally that lovely smell of fresh, crusty bread coming out of the oven that I still prefer to eat while still hot with butter...

Dough
500ml water, lukewarm
750grams strong flour
2tsp salt
15grams fresh yeast/ or 4grams dried yeast


Dissolve yeast in the water and mix in flour and salt. Kned the dough by hand for at least 5min til elastic. (if you have a kicthen assistant even better). Let proof for 4 hours in a bowl under a damp cloth.


Work the dough for a minute or so and divide into 4 pieces. Form 3 baguettes that you twirl slightly for a nicer shape. Put on a bakingtray lined with bakingpaper. Let rise on the tray for about 40min. Bake for 8min on really high heat,say 250-300C,then turn the heat down to 200C and bake for another 30min.

(I usually put a small tray of water in the bottom of the oven to create a nicer crust on the bread)




No comments:

Post a Comment