Saturday, April 9, 2011

Feta cheese and herb dip


Last week 3 lovely Swedish girls arrived to my place for a girls night in. I love entertaining and hosting dinner parties so any time the chance is given I cook up a storm. This time some antipasti was served for started with home made foccacia bread in a new shape, main course was fillet of pork served with honey roast root vegetable and a red wine sauce. A dessert of double raspberry and chocolate parfait really hit the spot after all that food.
For the main course I decided to make some sort of dip, even though I had red wine sauce i wanted something else to cut through all the meaty, hearty flavours. I remember eating some kind of feta cheese dip before in a Greek restaurant and decided that this was going to enter my table that night, with a bit of a twist; fresh parsley and basil not only gave it lots of flavour but also an almost lime green colour. Together with the sweet, crispy, roast vegetables this went really well.

50 grams feta cheese
1 handful fresh parsley
1 handful fresh basil
1 clove of garlic
2tbsp natural yogurt
olive oil, salt, pepper

Crumble the feta cheese in a bowl and mix with the herbs and garlic. Add enough olive oil to get the mix smooth . Fold in yogurt and season with salt and pepper. Serve with roast root veg, potatoes or just as a dip with crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment